GorillaDesk uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, network storage and related technology to run GorillaDesk. Although GorillaDesk owns the code, database and all rights to the GorillaDesk application, our customers retain all rights to their data.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Data for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Services or Information Requested by Clients. GorillaDesk may use Personal Data to provide the Services, fulfill requests for products, or information, including information about potential or future Services.
For Administrative Purposes. GorillaDesk may use Personal Data about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in GorillaDesk’s Services;
- Develop new products and services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify an individual’s identity;
- Send email to the email address a client provides to us to verify your account;
- For informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms of Service
To Provide Disclosures to Protect Us, Our Customers or Third Parties. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
(i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and/or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
(ii) respond to your requests;
(iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, privacy, or safety;
(iv) to enforce the policies, procedures or contracts of GorillaDesk;
(v) to collect amounts owed to GorillaDesk;
(vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity;
(vii) investigate violations of the Terms of Service; or
(viii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable under the specific circumstances.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These measures are appropriate to the risks involved and the nature of the Personal Data. Although GorillaDesk seeks to protect the privacy of others who use our Service, there is inherent risk in any Internet-based activities so there can be no 100% guarantee of absolute security at any time.
Goggle Maps and Mapbox.com
Passively Collected Information
When you interact with us through the Service, we and third parties that provide functionality on the Service, may engage, receive, collect and store certain types of information through automatic data collection tools including encrypted authentication tokens and similar technology. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, may include but is not limited to information about your device, referring/exit pages and URLs and number of clicks. GorillaDesk may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by GorillaDesk affiliates, agents or third-party service providers. The Service may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Service, the number of visitors to each page of our Service, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. Such information that we collect will allow GorillaDesk to make decisions on how to provide better products and better services for our users.
We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Assisting you in navigation
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback
- Analyzing your use of our products, services or applications
- Company information, including title and contact information for each user
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioral advertising)
We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Performance cookies
- Functional cookies
- Targeting Cookies
Collection of IP Address Information
Certain information on our Site is collected automatically by means of various software tools. We have a legitimate interest in using such information to assist in login, systems administration purposes, information security and prevention and detection of abuse of the Service or other data security issues, and to analyze the effectiveness of our Site. Alone or in combination with other information, such automatically collected information may constitute Personal Data. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, clicked pages and any other information your browser or the App may send to us.
Location of Site and Data Transfer
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. We ensure that the recipient of your Personal Data offers an adequate level of protection by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission (Art. 46 GDPR), or we will ask you for your prior consent to such international data transfers. By using our Site, participating in any of our Services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
How to Opt-Out of Email or Telephone Communications
If you receive GorillaDesk SMS communications, you can terminate those communications by replying or texting “STOP” to those communications. We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
Please note that opting out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as communications about your subscriptions or event registrations, service announcements or security information.
Do Not Track Disclosure
“Do Not Track”: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Our websites are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section below and we will take steps to delete their Personal Data from our systems.
Privacy Disclosures Applicable to California Residents Only
The California Consumer Privacy Act requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties or allow them to collect Personal Data from our sites or Services if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data, or if you use the GorillaDesk site or Services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties. We do not sell your Personal Data.
California law requires that we detail the categories of Personal Data that we share or disclose for certain “business purposes,” such as disclosures to service providers that assist us with securing our services or marketing our products. We disclose the following categories of Personal Data for our business purposes:
- Commercial information;
- Internet activity information;
- Financial information;
- Professional and employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
California law grants its state residents certain rights, including the right to access specific types of Personal Data, to learn how we process Personal Data, to request deletion of Personal Data, and not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our website(s). Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
If you are an authorized agent wishing to exercise rights on behalf of a California resident, please contact us and provide us with a copy of the consumer’s written authorization designating you as their agent.
We may need to verify your identity and place of residence before completing your rights request.
International Privacy Disclosures
Rights as “Data Subjects”
As an individual with Personal Data, you have certain exerciseable rights as a “data subject” in relation to Personal Data GorillaDesk holds. Depending on the applicable laws and location, these rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out. Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our Site; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- To not be subjected to discrimination (Right to non-discrimination)
- To Opt Out of Selling of Personal Information (Right to Opt Out of Sales)
You may contact us via mail at our corporate address; 7368 E Country Club Blvd, Boca Raton FL 33487
You may contact us via phone at 855-536-7470
You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: March 5th, 2020
“I still cannot believe how easy this software is. I hired an employee last week and she was able to work in GorillaDesk by herself on the very first day.”
– Taveya Mitchell, Owner @ Capitol Pest Management